We are updating our prices. Please email or call 1800 559 988 to place your orders. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Please contact for product availability
Apiezon L Grease is a silicone and halogen-free ultra-high vacuum grease suitable for use scientific and industrial applications.
Apiezon L Grease has the best vapour pressure properties of all the Apiezon products and is therefore suitable for use in ultra-high vacuum applications. L Grease is regularly used by highly respected organisations such as The European Space Agency, NASA and NATO.
It is designed for use at ambient temperatures (generally between 10 to 30°C / 50 to 86°F). If you are looking for a grease capable of performing at higher temperatures, Apiezon AP101 or Apiezon H Grease may be more appropriate.
Apiezon L Grease is a silicone and halogen-free ultra-high vacuum grease which:
- exhibits an extremely low vapour pressure of 7 x 10-11 Torr at 20°C
- does not suffer from contamination problems associated with silicone based greases such as ‘creep’ or ‘carry over’
- provides excellent lubrication
- is recommended for use at ambient temperatures
- has built-in radiation resistance
- has powerful ‘gettering’ action, meaning it absorbs potentially harmful grease and chemical impurities on metal and glass surfaces
- is easy to clean and remove as it is soluble in hydrocarbon solvents
As a halogen-free product Apiezon L Grease has a built-in resistance to irradiation. Other high vacuum greases such as esters, silicones or halogenated paraffins decompose at radiation levels of 0.1 MGy or less. In contrast, L Grease maintains excellent lubrication properties in high radiation applications, despite a small increase in stiffness when irradiated with 4 MeV electrons to 1 MGy.
AVT Services is proud to represent Apiezon.
Contact us for more information.
- You May Also Like
- Product Enquiry